September 20, 2008

I sewed, I shopped, I sleep-ed

So here is a few pictures of the last few things I've bought/ sewn/ bought then fixed. I'll narrate along.

Photobucket

Love this dress! It fits like a glove, and is so incredibly cute on. Found it at Goodwill. It used to be much longer and hit me at about the middle of my calf, which is a horrible length on me, so I cut it to right above my knee! I still have to hem it, but am out of navy thread. I can't wait to wear it! Originally there was two red loops at the waist which was obviously for a red belt, so I'll be on the lookout for a wide red belt to wear with it.

I also bought an adorable red shirt but it's in the wash as I wore it yesterday and forgot to take pictures! So that will come soon. But just know that I love that shirt and want it in every colour!
Yesterday I went to the Salvation Army store by the mall. I found a skirt, but decided against it at the last minuet. Mostly because I was fairly certain I would never wear it ever, but I did leave with these beauties ( are you ready Sarah and Charissa??) for a quarter each
Photobucket
I actually bought this for my mom, who was in love with Shaun Cassidy when she was younger( she even got one of those life size poster cut outs of him for a birthday). She laughed, listened, laughed some more, knew all the words, then I took it back.
Photobucket
I've always loved the Doors and was sooooo excited to find this baby in perfect condition! yay!
This I bought a while ago, but whatever. Another of my favourites.
Photobucket
And this is the picture on the sleeve. Love it!
Photobucket
Y'know how people say things like, "oh for the love of Pete?" Well when I was little all I listened to was oldies on a local radio station that played stuff from the 50's-early 70's. And one day I heard The names of Peter, Paul and Mary. So I started saying "Oh for the love of Peter, Paul, and Mary." and I still do. So I had to buy this lovely little album.
Photobucket
I actually really do love Peter, Paul, and Mary, and I love her Chelsea Boots in that picture!
And now for the ultimate find! I almost screamed when I saw this. And for 25 cents!!!!! I present you with this:
Photobucket
Photobucket
I KNOW! It's in really good condition too! Here's a question: Why is George Harrison the only one not in a suite? Don't get me wrong, I love the flared jeans and matching denim shirt, but I just wonder if maybe he forgot that they'd all agreeed to wear a suite for the picture. Or maybe he was going to wear a suite, but he only had one with him, and he had to send it to the cleaners, but then there was the terrible fire and the cleaners burnt to the ground along with George's suite, thus he had to wear whatever he had that was clean. I'm sure that's probably the answer.
Regardless of George and his clothing, I love the album! And here's what I've been listening to them on all day, My lovely record player:
Photobucket
There it is playing ABBA.
Okay here's the last item to show you. Remember the red polka dot shirt? Well finally here it is!
Photobucket
I royally screwed up the armholes, but not enough that you would notice unless you were standing there to judge my armholes. and I have since had to fix the elastic on the bottom, but I love it anyways! And here's my next project:
Photobucket
Mine will be Fushia with lime green and white polka dot trim and pocket. Much cuter than it sounds!
Alright well I'm off to finish moving into my new room.
Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment