September 22, 2009

In which I complain about the weather and present a fall project.

Wool Sweater- Macy's last Christmas, Necklace- self made, Bag- Vintage Dooney and Bourke
Skirt- vintage, Tights- Target, Shoes- Target
Oops! I meant to post this yesterday, but for some reason it didn't get posted! The above is what I wore on Monday. Needless to say I was hot all day. This heat is making me seriously think about booking a flight to Alaska for the next two weeks. We're supposed to have temps in the low-mid hundreds until next Saturday when it will cool down to 89. I just checked the weather for next week in Portland and it is supposed to be in the low 70s-mid 60's and there are three days of rain. Maybe I'll fly up there, cuz I can't take much more of this. Anything above 75 and I start to feel claustrophobic and suffocated, so I'm sure you can imagine how much I am suffering in this heat wave (you should read that in a very dramatic voice with the back of your hand against your forehead).


I have two and a half laundry baskets full of projects that are buried under a pile of things my sister still hasn't moved out. So I started a new one! I thought it would be appropriate for a Fall Week post. This is my absolute favourite sweater (ignore ugly outfit. This is my I'm-doing-laundry-because-nothing-else-is-clean outfit. Also I am part mole thus the sun makes me sneeze and cringe). It is something I picked up in a Goodwill last year and has become a staple ever since. It goes with everything, is warm, but not too warm, comfy, and it has pockets. Perfect sweater right? Well I brought it to my sister's wedding and somehow during the weekend one of the buttons broke. It actually split in half making it impossible to button up. If I used emoticons I would make a sad face. So I went to go through my mom's stash of buttons to find a similar one to the other non-descript brown buttons. Apparently my mother doesn't believe in having non-descript brown buttons. So I decided to just put new buttons on it.




Then I was looking through pictures on my computer and found this one and was thus inspired to use mismatched buttons on my lovely sweater.


So I clipped off the old ones and chose out buttons in corresponding sizes and sewed them back on. And this is the finished product! I quite love it! It was very simple and I did it while watching a movie (Harold and Maude which I had never seen and can now say that I absolutely LOVE!), plus it was a great way to spruce it up. Now if only it was cold enough that I could only wear the darn thing! Oh and sorry for the ruddy photos. I took them in my very poorly lit living room Tuesday night and haven't had a chance to re-take them.





Also Sarah of Oh Kirby! is having a Giveaway! She is giving away this charming little hat, and all you have to do is comment! Good Luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment