August 29, 2010

Foodie

While my parents were on vacation I had the very wonderful pleasure of cooking dinner for myself each night (also because I was broke). This is one thing I made the first night they were gone. It was incredibly yummy! So I thought I'd share. It was super easy to make and took about a half and hour total. So, tie on your apron and let's get cracking!

001

You'll need pre-marinated chicken. I tossed some white wine, garlic, onion powder, parsley, and oregano in a ziplock bag and let the chicken sit over night. Cut the chicken into cubes and set aside.

002

Get out a frying pan and dollop some butter or olive oil to cover the whole pan. Toss in come chopped garlic cloves.

005
Add the chicken to the pan and stir occasionally.

006

Get a small pot and fill with milk/cream. Add come crushed garlic, salt (if your family happens to leave you any while they are on vacation, which mine did not), pepper, and parsley. Stir. Grab a handful of mozzarella cheese and add to the mix. Stir occasionally until the cheese melts.

010

014

Once your chicken has been fully cooked and slightly browned, add veggies. I used carrots, snap peas, corn, and my favourite, lima beans, but you can use anything you have on hand. Cook until the veggies are tender.

017

Your sauce should be all melted by now. Stir to make sure, then add to your veggies and chicken.

022

Let the sauce come to a small boil, then turn off the heat. You're now ready to serve!

023

It's particularly yummy over noodles or rice, but I was too lazy to cook either, so I ate it plain. Either way it's super delicious and easy! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. looks yummy!
    please check out my blog and enter my giveaway :)
    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so good! definitely going to use this one night :)

    ReplyDelete