December 8, 2010

You're A Wonder, How Bright You Shine

211
Blouse- Thrifted
Skirt- Vintage, thrifted
Nude Fishnet Tights- Kmart
Shoes- Thrifted
Earrings- Made by Me
Deer Pin- Vintage
Hair Bow- Somewhere on Etsy (I cannot remember!)
Lipstick- Rimmel London "Bordeaux" 

Today is a weird day. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's just weird. I'm strangely elated, hyper, and joyous, yet I've got a weird nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. Things have happened that are strange and uncertain, and yet I've got a skip in my step and cannot actually be upset. My head is in the clouds and all I want to do is lay about listening to beautiful music. And clearly this has effected my dressing. Maybe it's the new lipstick I bought...

212

Not that I am complaining. I feel quite grown up and even a bit elegant, which is a nice departure from my usual rough and tumble, haphazard cacophony of bits and bobs kind of outfits. I'm not a tomboy, nor am I a girly-girl, I guess I'm some odd balance of the two. Swept up hair with bits out of place, stockings with runs, and chipped nailpolish. I like to think it's part of my charm ;-)

213


But I am quite honestly in love with this outfit. I found this top at goodwill last night (they had to kick me out of the store which I find immensly amusing) and if I could own fifty of it I would. It is just so lovely and ethereal (and yes I am wearing it with a black bra underneath because I like it that way). I've been having the worst luck at thrift shops lately, and last night I finally broke that! I found 3 blouses, 1 dress, and a pair of shoes and all for $30! These are also the shoes I bought last night. They're Aresoles and so comfortable! Luck was my good friend last night!

217

By the way, I was tipped off by the ever so very foxy Yolanda of Diva in Deep Thought, that Kmart had some nice tights this year. So I took a jaunt over to Kmart yesterday and to my great surprise they had a marvellous selection of tights and stocking and even *Gasp!* garter belts! In a ton of sizes! I found these nude fishnet-y patterned tights there. The best part is they are super high waisted, so none of that awful "tights roll" 'round midday. These actually hit me a bit above my waist (I have very odd and short proportions) and they are wonderful. I even found some back seamed stockings there! I know! They're fairly cheap too! The tights, which are the Kmart brand are buy one get one half off right now too. So if you are as disappointed with the selection at Target as I am, Kmart as some really wonderful ones.

221

It's hard to tell in these photos, but I did some Marcell Waves in my hair last night. They didn't come out perfect (not enough mousse) but are much better than I expected. I've been trying to experiment with different ways of doing my hair. I'm a little bored of rolls and twists at the top of my head. So I broke out my vintage cosmetology textbook and have been working on fingerwaves and marcell waves. The results are pretty swell!
I really am quite giddy for no apparent reason, so before I ramble on further, I bid you adieu!

5 comments:

  1. You look absolutely lovely! Your hair looks wonderful and the top looks fabulous! I think the black bra gives your look a bit of an edge. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely. I want to steal your whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. I REALLY love this outfit. You look amazing.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very lovely blouse and skirt especially when it is thrifted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outfit is so elegant - you look great.
    xx Alana

    http://journostyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete