add a dash of fishnet tights and some pointy black flats.
Add a pinch of a belt to nip in your waist. Add accessories, like earrings, a bracelet, and black velvet headband.
Add 1 cardigan and 1 sweater clip.
Add large bag, and mix in some cat eye sunglasses.
Let simmer until satisfied. Garnish with red lips and enjoy.
Last night I spent too much time chatting with some lovely ladies (together forming The Great Triangle) in opposite corners of the continent, and making a dress. Not a bad way to spend your night. This dress was my first ever sewing pattern project. Or it was meant to be. Truth be told it was waaaaaay to advanced for my non-existant sewing skills at the time I cut it out. I had even began to pin it together, which was evidence of my lack of knowledge. Things were pinned to the weirdest things and not even close to the right order.... Ah Ashley Sewing Skills circa 2008, you are not missed....
This is the pattern I used, and while it really is a simple sack dress, that yoke thing is not simple. It didn't come out completely right, but part of that is the fault of not being able to cut a straight line back in 2008 apparently. Still it took me maybe about two hours to put together. And I do really like the fabric and overall outcome. I used a yellow swiss dotted cotton that was also my very first pattern specific fabric purchase. Also this was going to be my first day back to school dress for Fall '08. While the pattern is not something I would buy now, I actually think it may end up becoming a nice make-again-and-again pattern. It's easy, lightweight, and perfect for awful hot summer days. Throw on a belt and some flats and you're good to go.
Also I should mention the alterations I made to the pattern. I basted on the little flutter sleeve thing and tried it on and it looked like I had some sort of retarded looking wing. Just bad, bad, bad! I think if I use it again I'll widen the sleeve, because this just looked stupid. Comically so. So instead I finished the arm and neck opening with some vintage bias tape. (I just happened to have the right shade of yellow which fully encouraged my addiction to buying oodles of vintage sewing notions.) I forgot to photograph it, but the back of the neck ties closed. When all was said and done the shoulders fit me funny, so I ruched them with some bias tape and made little bow ties for the shoulders. I think the fit wouldn't have been a problem if I'd actually lined it like you're supposed to, but being that I apparently didn't know how to read pattern instructions back when I cut this out, there were not enough pieces nor fabric to cut them out. Sigh.... So unlined it is. This is also why I did not make the matching belt. Because I used to be a little stupid. The plus side is that where once I was stupid, now it only took me a couple hours (I remember labouring over the dumb yoke for HOURS back then).
I apologize for the darkness of the photo! The lighting was not my friend today. Also, I do have other hobbies than sewing myself more clothes that I don't need. In fact I may just have to show you all the current embarrassment that is my closet....