September 16, 2011

Guest Post: Autumnal Equinox

"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all."
Stanley Horowitz
 
It's around the time that you can smell the dawning of Fall in the air -- that smell is one of my favorite aspects of the season, and it reminds me of a few of my Fall traditions.

 Melancholy music on chilly nights:
 

The excitement of getting a new pair of frames (or two!):
Both frames are Anthropologie and no longer sold

Warm café au lait with dessert (pictured here is a couple slices of tiramisu!):
Taken by moi at Yaffa Café in East Village, NY

Shopping for new scarves, sweaters, and colored tights:
Anthropologie (no longer sold)
Talbots (current)
ModCloth (current)

And, last but not least, cuddling with my cat (which I do year-round, of course):
 
Do you have any personal Fall traditions? Comment below -- I'd love to hear what you readers are looking forward to as the autumnal equinox approaches!
My name is Amanda, and I blog at rhapsodical & jadorepop over on Tumblr!

2 comments: