October 4, 2008

Imagine if you would the most perfect fall day. It's gloomy, and cold (by Southern California standards). The sky is dark with the impending rain, the wind is blowing wildly, and all you want to eat is soup, and bread, and pie, and cider, and coffee, and cocoa, and potatoes, and corn, and veggies(mostly lima beans, green beans, carrots), and more pie. And you don't really want to do anything, but sit in Barnes and Noble sipping coffee or tea, and watching the loveliness of the outside world. Because depite the rather soddy week you had, and the pain you're still in, life is wonderful and beautiful, because the leaves are beginning to turn shades of loveliness of browns and oranges, and reds, despite the billion degree weather.
And so you lay back and sigh.
Because this is the way life is meant to be. So peaceful and calm, and full of lovely gloomyness.
Welcome fall. Please make it a long stay.
In other news I have decided something very sad, and a little heart breaking: I'm not going to Ireland. It's just a bad idea. I've had some interesting revelations this week and one of them involved the fact that it is incredibly un-wise to go to Ireland this year. I know I'll go back, just not this time. Who knows what lie ahead? All I know is that, even though I know it breaks my heart, and makes me want to cry, going to Ireland is a bad idea right now.
So today the weather is wonderful enough that I can pretend I am in Ireland. Even if I am a little sad...
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Tootles!
P.S.
This may seem silly, but I've been humming it all day long so here are the words to my absolute favourite Irish folk song ever. Possibly one of the most beautiful songs ever written. Charlotte Church does a very nice version of it. (though mine is better *wink wink*)
Danny Boy
Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.

But come you back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow 'tis
I'll be there in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.
And when you come, when all the flowers are dying
If I am dead, as dead I well may be
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.
And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
And all my dreams will warm and sweeter be
For you will bend andtell me that you love me
And I will sleep in peace until you come to me.
Oh Danny Boy, Oh Danny Boy, I love you so.

1 comment:

  1. whhyyyyyyyyyyy?????

    why?

    you must tell me your reasoning dear! i'm sure it is wise reasoning, but i'm sad for you =/

    ReplyDelete