October 1, 2008

Back to our usual programming

Yup it's fall. Have you ever wondered what fall in California is like? It's virtually non existent. Today is October 1st, and it's 101 outside right now. They say it should be in the 70's by the end of the week, Here's hoping. I'm in a big mood for fall, I'm also in a huge mood to get rid of any excess mass on my body. I started a bad ass diet today. So wish me luck! SO how am I? Good. Today is the first day I haven't been super shaky, and my brain is actually functioning on a semi-normal level. I'm trying to wade through mounds of homework I've been putting off. I haven't been to any of my classes this week, which is really bad, but let me tell you how relaxed I feel. I did my hair, and put on some make-up today. The cut on the back of my head is healing nicely, my arm cut has scabbed over, I keep discovering new bruises, which is weird to wake up and be like, oh look here's a new bruise that goes straight across my boob from the seat belt. The bruise on my shoulder is getting nice and purple. The one on my stomach is black, which is slightly disgusting. I got all the blood out of my hair today finally. And the bruise on my thigh that hadn't yet shown it's self finally perked up today. I've managed to keep some humor through it all, which is good. I've just been taking it easy, sleeping, re-couping. Yesterday I was home alone for most the day, which was nice, because it was nice and quiet until I finally decided to watch the netflix I hadn't watched yet. So I watched Rob Roy and then Braveheart. It was a bit of a kilt-a-palooza, which always makes me happy. I swear though I can never watch those movies without balling like a baby. So beautiful, and inspiring. Plus there are kilts. I always get a huge wave of pride of my Scottish Heritage when I watch them. Then I watched Winning London, which is possibly the worst Mary-Kate and Ashley movie ever. I love them though. I am part of the MK & A generation and am proud of it. Anyhoodles. I'm in the mood for change. So I cut my bangs. They are short, bordering on Bettie Page short, but I cut them right for the first time in a long time. I'm also thinking of dying it back to a brown. See my hair is a natural mousy auburn. In other words it's a weird brown with lots o' red highlights. I've had almost every colour of hair in the book, except blue, which I'm saving for when I get to be about 60. It's not that I don't love how bright red I have been keeping it, it's just that I'm kinda bored with it right now. Oh I never told you all that I dyed it about a week ago. It was supposed to come out a really nice copper, but it came out more of a magenta. My sister told me I looked like Strawberry Shortcake. Most everyone else loved it, but I'm still not entirely sold on it. But I think that's only because I'm kinda feeling like going back to a brown. I'm thinking a soft chocolaty colour. What do you think?

Also I have decided I am going to go Swing Dancing on Monday nights from now on. There's a place that does it downtown. Of course this may not happen so much until I can get a new car.

I've got a ton of re-fashioning and mending to do this weekend. I also really need to get to the big Salvation Army store. I actually have a ton of stuff to drop off there.

Alright well I'm off to go do more homework. I'm missing a whole notebook full of notes, so I should probably go find them...

Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment