June 22, 2009

Monday Inspiration #14- Summer time and the livin' is easy

I'm pooped. Yesterday was a really wonderfully wonderful day, but I am super wiped. We went back down to Oceanside with my family this time and surfed, and ate, and played cards, and walked to get ice cream, and ate fish and chips, and bought coffee and played at the little kids park, and...

I know I'm not a summer person. Never have been, never will be. That said I really love the idea of summer things. So this week I complied a list of my favourite summer songs. Sure, Videos in blogs are annoying, but honestly some of these songs just make you so happy, or really capture the idea of that "California Summer." (which by the by, is nothing like it's romanticized to be, but I'll forgive them and just post the songs)

#5- I wish they could all be California Girls- The Beach Boys
I know. But it's a great song.




#4- California One/Youth and Beauty Brigade- The Decemberists
If you've never driven up the 101 then listen to this song. It IS the 101 in song form.




#3- I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
No explanation needed.




#2- I Know Where the Summer Goes- Belle and Sabastian
This is like the perfect song for a movie montage. It would be one of those 80's does the 50's teen summer romance movies.




#1- Beach Baby- The First Class
This song just makes me smile to no end.



Have a wonderful day! Tomorrow I have lots to show you!

1 comment:

  1. aa the beach boys.... you listen to one song and you're on vacations :-)

    ReplyDelete