November 11, 2009

Findings

I did a massive overhaul in my bedroom this past weekend. I moved my headboard up, moved my sister's old bed out, cleaned, organized, lemon oiled all my furniture, it was a huge undertaking! There are still little things to be done, but over all I'm very happy with the way things are turning out.

While cleaning and organizing I finally took pictures of some of the things I have found whilst thrifting lately. I also photographed my favourite part of my room now.


Top left: Little coffee mugs from the late 60's/early 70's, I couldn't help but snatch them up, the art was just too charming. Middle: Another mug. I have a serious addiction to buying coffee mugs, and this one was so cute. Top Right: A little sugar bowl that matches other mugs I have. Bottom: My headboard and wall. I really love the way it looks.



Top left: Commemorative cups from the 3oth Anniversary of the docking of the Queen Mary in Long Beach, so sometime in the fifties I believe. Top Middle: The coolest trash can I have ever seen. Bri actually found it when we went to a Goodwill in Costa Mesa. It was 99 cents. Top Right: Little yellow jars. The bottom of them say that are not to be used for food storage. Middle Left: These are paper plate holders! I love them! Middle Right: A little 70's plaque. I fell in love with this thing. Bottom Left: a 60's tissue box! Bottom Middle: real Milk glass from Goodwill. I found three others, but one of them was not real. They were all a dollar each. Bottom Left: I found these glittery signs in the dollar bin at Target! Glitter, Peace, and Joy, three of my favourite things!

Top Left: I collect a series of cookbooks TimeLife put out in the 50's and 60's. I found three of them in thrift stores recently. Top Right: The strangest little storybook I have ever seen. I had to buy it! It's about a king and queen who change a rat into their daughter. So weird. Bottom Left: When I was a kid I always wanted one of those machines and I found a whole thing of never opened bags! Now all I have to do is find the machine! Bottom Right: 60's pantyhose! Never opened! I was ecstatic!

I've been looking for a vintage globe all year and I finally found one at Goodwill for five bucks! yay!!!


Not much to say today. Weird week. I was accused of being a Witch when I shared a Bible verse with someone who claims they are also a Christian. It spurred a whole huge discussion. I am 9 parts amused by this and one part aggravated. No annoyed. But it is what it is. I've got to make alot of witch jokes.


And someone stood up for me and it made me smile, and...


oh crap...

2 comments:

  1. I love these interesting findings in your room.

    People have such amazing little treasures.

    lululetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I just found you through a link at the oh, kirby! blog. I like your style & will be linking to you soon. :) I'm currently residing in Chicago but I used to live in LA (went to USC for undergrad).

    ReplyDelete