November 5, 2009

Mid Day Confessions.

I have to get something off my chest. It's going to be painful, and not cool, but I have to say it. Breathe Ashley. You can do this. Alright. Ready?


Guys. I love the 70's.


Hat- gift from sister from Chicago, IL.
Flower Pin, socks, boots- Target
Dress and bag- Vintage


I know. I know! "The 70's!" you say. Yes the 70's. I love everything about it. Everything. I've yet to meet a thing from the 70's that I didn't like. Wood panelling, lava lamps, shag rugs, avocado green, I love it all. I know. I won't harbour any hard feelings if you stop reading my blog for this horrible indiscretion. Feel free to delete me and never return. I will understand. Because here comes the kicker:


The 70's is my favourite decade. I KNOW! It's horrible! I shouldn't be able to live with myself, but it's true. I love it. I love the colours, the vibe, the music, the clothes, the hair, the shoes, everything. I love it's earthy-ness, I love it's free spirited-ness, I love peace movement, I freaking love Peace signs! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself, but guys, no matter what other decades I like, or try to be influenced by, I always come back to the 70's. Always. I can't help myself. I'm a hippie at heart, and frankly, I kinda love that. So sure, I'm gonna wear a 50's cotton dress, or a 60's wiggle dress, or even a 20's drop waist dress, but I will probably wear them with my natural frizzy hair, little make-up, and boots. Cuz guess what? I really love polyester and hemp. But not that kind of hemp.

Earrings- Gift from mom and dad from San Francisco

So yeah. There you have it. What is your deep dark inspiration secret? Let's fess up

4 comments:

  1. *ahem*

    lingerie and princess skirts. i love them. yes, i am a freak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who doesn't?????

    you made me laugh with the comment about your parents !! im glad they liked the idea !! thank you for your sweet messages !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I adore your hat and dress. Gorgeous outfit.

    Twilighters unite!! ;)

    lululetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete