March 17, 2010

The Star of the County Down

View from the top of Blarney Castle

Photo by Me. This is the view from the top of Blarney Castle!

Is it weird that St. Patrick's Day is my favourite Holiday? Probably, but oh well, I just love it! It's been so fun to see people out and about sporting some sort of green clothing, or green accessory that is just ridiculous. I think that's why I like it so much, it's fun and people get silly (some more than others) and it allows me to talk all about my trip to Ireland, and people have to listen to me! And on top of that I get to blare Irish music and no one can say anything about it. Ha! Take that Universe.
Chelsea and I are doing our best to go all out this year. We're cooking Corn Beef, Colcannon, Guinness Cupcakes, and Bailey's Cupcakes. Plus we're making Irish Coffee and green Creme De Menthe Sodas. I will definitely have pictures tomorrow and let you know how the cupcakes turned out, maybe even post the recipe? Later tonight we're going to watch a Irish films (we haven't decided between Waking Ned Davine, Roan Inish, Darby O'Gill, or some Marion Davies film Chelsea recorded in which Marion Davies plays an Irish girl (I'm pushing for this one, I love Marion Davies!). What are your plans?

I hope your St. Patrick's Day is very festive and SAFE!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing love! i love corned beef but ive only tried in from a can. i saw an irish corned beef down at costco the other day and was tempted to buy it cuz the Hubz has been wanting to try a "real" one for a while ... how does the irish corned beef taste? i bet its yummy!

    ReplyDelete