June 29, 2010

Viel Gluck

I'm on my way out the door to go see Eclipse (shut up), but I wanted to make sure I posted this.


Viel Gliuck



These are my current favourite broochs. The one with the gnome and toadstool was a gift from my mom back around Easter. The phrase "Viel Gluck" is German for "good luck." I quite love it! The airplane I found at a thrift store near the Air Force base near my house (March Air Reserve now), so I'm assuming it's some sort of military pin. The other one says "Elsie." I found it at the Pilgrim's Place Festival back in November. It was $8 and from the 1920's. Bri and I have always fought over who get's to name their daughter Elsie and so when I found this I figured I should get it and save it for which ever little girl that ends up being (it will probably go to Bri since I have been cursed with only ever baring sons. Long story...), but it doesn't stop me from wearing it! It's just so pretty and it's not like I'm ever going to find an Ashley pin that doesn't come from the 1980's. sigh...

Viel Gliuck
Cardigan- Target
Blouse- Thrifted, vintage
Skirt- Thrifted
Shoes- BC Footwear
Snood- Red dress shoppe
Earrings- F21

Viel Gliuck

Viel Gliuck

As for the outfit, well it's definately one of my recent favourites. The snood is a recent purchase which I am loving. I bought three from here for $5 a piece! I have this red, a navy, and a grey. They are great for keeping my hair up during rehearsals yet still keeping with my look. If you're in the market definatley check out this shop!

Viel Gliuck

I had a real short rehearsal today, but thought I had to be there all night so I stopped to pick up some dinner at the grocery store on my way to rehearsal. There was a lady working there (her name was Ginger! I love that name!) who I ended up talking with for about twenty minutes! (good thing I left for rehearsal 45 mins. early!) She was the sweetest lady who told me that when she was a teenager in the 70's she wore 40's style clothes and back then she could go into our local Goodwill and Slavation Army and find 40's dresses around every corner! What I would give! She told me that she found a 40's Girl Scouts troop leader uniform and she hemmed shorter and wore for her senior photos, and how she regrets so much dropping her look when she had kids. She kept telling me to "never lose my style!" I had the most wonderful time talking to her! She even gave me her email address so she could buy tickets to my show! It just makes me so happy to talk to these women who appreciate old things instead of the young girls (who may or may not be in my show) who find it hilarious to call me "granny" and tell me that they just love that I have the time for crocheting and sewing. Because apparently if you bring crocheting to rehearsal it means you have a ton of time on your hands...?

4 comments:

  1. oh how mean,mean girls they call them, can't accept that someone is different. Yeap I get it all the time because I am quiet and according to the rest of the peoplebeing quiet is not a good trait,you should always be an outgoing, talkative, girl, quiet is not good. Horrible. Anyways you look beautiful and I admire that you make time to crochet! I have not done it in years, neither have I painted, or finished my quilt, geez...I have plenty to do. God bless =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ll shut up about Eclipse and just say that that broche is really cute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that lady you met and talked with sounds so awesome! ah! and boo to those losers who call you granny... whatever! they just can't appreciate your style, which is seriously amazing. every time you post an ootd, i'm like, ugh! i want all her clothes! haha. not only do you find great pieces, but you know how to put them together so well. those brooches are amazing too.

    twilight is a guilty pleasure of mine :x i'm gonna look for an eclipse bootleg now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. MIP- Thank you! The comments really don't bother me, I just find it sad that people make immediate judgments about others simply because they are not like "you." Sad, sad, sad.

    Mo- I gotta tell ya, I will never do a mignight showing of anything Twilight related ever again. It was horrible! But the movie was actually good! haha!

    jennifer- thanks! I know she was pretty awesome!!

    ReplyDelete