“When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
I have though good and hard about making some resolutions this year. This is my theme quote for the new year, don't you just love it! I normally don't make any, though last year my friends and I decided to to the Day Zero Project instead of resolutions. I did pretty good with them, but the site is currently down, and I honestly don't remember half the things on my list! So I've decided I'm going to make a short(ish) list of personal goals to keep throughout the year.
- Read More. I love reading, but never make time for it. So I've decided to pick 3-4 books per month and read them.
- Shop Less. A perpetual item on my "List of Things to Improve my Life," that always seems to be ignored. But seriously I have a ridiculous amount of clothing not to mention more fabric than I should own. I'm good. If I do find myself in the market for something "new" I can make it.
- Knit a sweater. So far I've only knit small things and followed simple patterns. I want to make myself a cardigan or sweater next and really challenge myself.
- Get straight A's. I'm going back to school at an older age and it's time to leave behind miss Straight B Student and embrace my inner Hermione Granger/My mom.
- Finish that dumb novel.
- Leave my hair alone. aside from trims. No more dying, no more cutting. It's time to finally have the hair I want.
- Learn 2 new guitar chords a month and incorporate them into a song. I need to get out of the habit of writing everything in major keys.
- Lose weight. I have a goal in mind and a game plan, but I'm tired of being unhappy about my weight. I don't need to be super skinny or even super thin. I've been very blessed with my ability to not be overly critical of my body, but I'd like to have less of a gut. That's all I ask for.
- Move away, go to school, conquer the world. the last one is still up for debate.
- Get a better blogging schedule. included in this is "spend less useless time on the internet."
So that's my list. What about you? What are your resolutions for the new year?