March 12, 2011

Country Roads

I just wanted to start off by saying that all my love and prayers go out to the people in Japan and everywhere else that was effected by the Tsunami. My grandparents on the Oregon Coast were evacuated and thankfully there was no damage in their area, but there are thousands out there who are not so lucky today. I'm sending you all a giant virtual hug.

Country Roads

Country Roads
Dress- Vintage 70's, thrifted
Cardigan- Target years ago
Slip- Vintage 50's, Wasteland in LA
Socks- Target
Boots- Vintage, thrifted
Earrings- World Market
Flower Pin- H&M


This is my favourite dress.I picked it up at Goodwill three or four years ago and  I have shared it maybe twice before here. I should hate this dress, but time and time again I rely on it. I mean for one it's polyester, which I hate, it's pastels, which I have been convinced I hated for a long time, it's not particularly flattering on me, but each time I clean out my closet this dress remains. There is just something about it that makes me happy, cheers up a bad day, and gives me an extra boost of confidence. I actually wear it probably close to once a week. Who knows why, but I will probably never get rid of it.

Country Roads

Country Roads

Yesterday I got dressed while in a coma apparently, because I can't imagine I would ever consciously put all this together, but somehow I actually kind of like it. It's weird and I haven't done plain weird in a while. It did elicit quite a few stares and raised eyebrows, but overall I think it oddly worked.  Also I apologize for how dark my photos have been lately. I just realized that my exposure setting was off and I kept forgetting to change it. Anyways, I kind of like the frilly, country, vibe, though I can safely say I won't pair this together again! :-)

Country Roads

Country Roads

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Tomorrow I am off to the Pasadena Flea Market and will hopefully have a new dress to show you on Monday (fingers crossed I can finish it!)

Country Roads

No comments:

Post a Comment