May 4, 2011

Pretty Things

008

Hello, hello! So.... this week has been a doozy! My car bit the dust (there may be some hope, but not much), and just general real life stuffs seemed to have caught up with me. Which stinks because I've got about fifty backed up posts, so I'll do my best to get caught up. 

003

This  past weekend was lovely. Saturday I spent the day at a fair my sibling's 4H club put on. It was a fun and I met a very cute pony that I really wanted to ride. But the best part was finding a thrift store right across the street. It was a gold mine too! I picked up some pretty things and could have spent much more than the $22 I did spend! Hats, shoes, a ridiculous amount of denim (I'm not joking! A whole room FILLED with jeans!), and some silly country brick-a-brack. It's a good place!

013

031

029

I found these two cuts of fabric. The floral is a rayon and there are about 3 yards, maybe more. The red is cotton and is definitely from the 40's! There isn't much, so I'm not sure what I will do with it, but it was too cute to pass up!

028

027

026

025

024

023

022

020



019

021

Only the last two of these patterns are from the new store. The rest are ones I've collected over the last month from various places, thrift stores, and online mostly. The one on the right in the last photo is one that I have been looking for for ages!  And it was all of a dollar!

015

016

These! Oh these!! I paid $10 for these, which I originally though a bit steep for a pair of stockings, but I have a hard time finding ones that are my size, and I really needed some new ones. When I got home I opened the box and there were actually five pairs inside! Needless to say I was pretty stinking happy!

017

018

These were a prize find! I've been collecting belt buckles for sewing projects and managed to find these for for a few dollars.

033

This I am pretty excited about! It's a sewing course from 1940! The illustrations inside are super cute, and so far the advice inside is pretty awesome. It focuses on sewing a wardrobe based on what flatters you, your life, and your budget. Pretty neat! It was also not more than a dollar and from my favourite local shop.

What have you found recently?

2 comments:

  1. If theres not much of that red palm print id say maybe a headscarf.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I want to know where the shop is that you found...name and addresss please!

    Toni
    www.lifeinapinkbunnysuit.com

    ReplyDelete