June 20, 2011

Lavender Days

Yesterday was a really wonderful day. We went to the 7th Annual Highland Springs Lavender Festival. It was breathtaking.

013

014

015

I have discovered that parasols are the answer to all my sun hating skin's needs. Especially when they are $6.99 at World Market!
017

022

025

There were some displays about the resort's history. I took photos of them because they had cute clothes!

027

028

029

Great hair inspiration!!

030

031

033

034

035

036

037

038

039

041

042

052

054

I started to fall

056

Eric and Fraser played chicken...

057

066

068

069

We found a pond area that was perfect for picture taking!

071

073

Earrings- vintage
Bracelet and parasol- World Market
Headband- made by me
Cardigan- Target
Dress- vintage, Etsy
Bag- thrifted (and falling apart :-(  )
Shoes- Swedish Hasbeens

074

077

081

085

106

108

115

119

120

125

126

Highland Springs Resort dates back to the 1880's and is 1000 acres! It has served as many different types of resort throughout the years. At one time it was a girl's camp (Parent Trap!!), a Jewish Family resort, a club... the list goes on. It's in pretty bad dis-repair (which has it's charm), but someone bought it a few years ago and is slowly restoring it back to it's original glory. I really hope they do because the place is just so cute!

 They run a restaurant on site now that has been voted best restaurant in So. Cal. We were going to eat there, but it's was $30 a plate at least. But the food is all organic and grown either on site or locally which is pretty cool! The menu they had for the festival fair was amazing! I had a Lavender marinated brisket sandwich for lunch, which was to die for. They had lavender ice cream, lavender lattes, lavender tea and lemonade, there were quinoa salads, fresh falafal (which was *amazing*), fresh organic burgers and hot dogs, lavender-lemon cupcakes... the list goes on and on. It was like five star fair food. Fantastic! I'm excited to go next year!

129

130

A map of the good ol' days! It looks like Disneyland kind of!

140

141
The pool was my favourite part. The architecture was so incredibly charming! I hope they keep it just as it is!! 



142

144

146

147

149

157

158

159

The water felt amazing!

211

Yummy local beer.

210

There was a family act of 6 siblings and their parents called Celtic Spring that played Celtic music and did step dancing. I adore Celtic music and step dancing so it was cool to watch. Afterwards my siblings bonded with the kids over being from big families. Haha!

219
Everything smelled heavenly!

220

Grace got her face painted.
224

And I found and Alpaca!! I kind of have an obsession with Alpacas. It's weird, but they are adorable.
Then there was an Open Mic. My father nagged me to go and do something. I found a guitar to borrow and played one of my songs, and then because it was Father's Day, and because I knew if I didn't he'd drive me nuts, I sang an Aria. Then the director asked if he could book me for next summer, and possibly any openings this summer... So that was cool!

I hope your weekend was marvy!
And of course, there are more here!

2 comments:

  1. One summer I stayed on an island in the Adriatic that had huge lavender fields--it was amazing, and your post brought it all back. I love the parasol too, and am off to World Market for one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have lived in Riverside County for almost 20 years did not know this place existed. Hidden treasure.
    Will be booking a weekend soon.
    Thanks for the great post.

    P.S. Where do you like to thrift?

    ReplyDelete