June 8, 2011

This Girl's In Love

This Girl's In Love

This Girl's In Love

Don't any ideas mom. I'm only in love with actually getting dressed in something other than PJs.
Bow- Craft Store
Cardigan- Anne Taylor
Sweater- Thrifted
Collar- Vintage
Skirt- Made by me
Shoes- Target
Earrings- World Market

I always wear this collar backwards. Rightway it feels like I'm wearing giant lacy bib and just never seems right. But I quite like it backwards. I don't think I've worn it in probably over a year, but it is still one of my favourite accessories to spice up an outfit. Funny, with my new resolve to re-mix more often, I am finding quite a few things that I haven't worn in ages, but really love. It's like shopping without leaving my own room :-)

This Girl's In Love

This Girl's In Love


I re-hemmed this skirt the other night and am much happier with the length. This is the kind of outfits I am envisioning for this fall, maybe not so 60's styled, but cute skirt/blouse combos, oddly comfortable shoes (by the way I can stand for about four hours straight in these bad boys and still feel like I'm walking on clouds. They are one of my favourite pairs of shoes right now.), my signature cardigans, and a few dozen easy dresses are high on my list of things to acquire before September. I just realized that I have Orientation in three weeks from today! I cannot wait!

This Girl's In Love


This has been on repeat all day.(I kind of have a mild obsession with Petula Clark...) It's the kind of song that has me laying on my back in bed, feet in the air "dancing", acting out the song like some stupid teenager . And no, I'm not. A stupid teenager. Or in love. Though I may have sang into a hairbrush while belting at the top of my lungs. Well, the part of my lungs that could breathe that is...

2 comments:

  1. cute, cute, cute outfit! you give me much inspiration as a curvier gal, to get up and get dressed, whenever you post outfits like this! have you given thought to adding custom made pieces to your etsy shop? I would love to have you make a dress or two for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! Pretty colours, and that skirt looks perfect! I also have a vintage collar like that, and I always wear mine backwards too. ;)

    ReplyDelete