January 4, 2012

Disneyland

001

005

007

010

011

012

Yesterday Sarah and I went to Disneyland! It was a marvelous day. The park was pretty packed, but we got still has a fantastic time riding rides, munching on goodies and talking about life and the future. It was a boiling 85 degrees, and I wore a black skirt. Despite that, I just love Disneyland at Christmastime. It's the most magical and beautiful time in the park. The Haunted Mansion gets a makeover from October to mid January and all the characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas make an appearance. The rest of the park it just beautiful in it's Christmas finery, and it even snows! Or soap bubbles that walking on in flip-flops makes incredibly precarious, as my 15 year old self found out.  But no matter how many times you slip and fall on your hiney, it's still just a magical, magical place.

015

034

038

048

055

003

California Adventure is getting a makeover inspired by California in the 1920's and all the things Walt Disney was inspired by when he came to California then. I am a big fan of this! There used to be a model of the Golden Gate Bridge right at the front which has been removed since it wasn't built yet! There's a beautiful building being built that looks like a theatre in downtown Riverside. Beautiful Spanish revival styles, perfectly ornate Art Deco buildings, I can't wait to see the finished product this summer!

I leave on Friday. 
I don't know if I want to.

1 comment:

  1. Love Disneyland! I was just there on Monday:) I can't wait until California Adventure is fully open too!

    ReplyDelete