May 22, 2013

Blossoms Blouse



Earrings- World Market
Blouse- Me Made
Cardigan- Target
Skirt- Me Made
Shoes- Hush Puppies

This has been a crazy, busy spring. It looks like things are starting to slow down a bit, which should free up some more time for me to get to all the sewing projects I've got plans for. This blouse was kind of a getting back into the swing of things project, and I am thrilled with the results!


I have no idea how these photos make me look straight and the houses crooked...


It's a Sorbetto, minus the pleat, and with a self drafted peter pan collar. I did a Full Bust Adjustment on this pattern and it's crazy how magical that was. First off, it fits my chest! Secondly, it helped eliminate some fitting issues, while highlighting the ones I'd never been able to address because of the bust fit. My upper body is actually quite short proportions and as soon as I fixed the bust fit it became incredibly evident that the shoulder straps needed to be shortened 2". The FBA also helped eliminate most of the gaping problem I have at the neckline. There is still too much fabric there, but I think I know what I need to fix, so we'll see on the next version. I added some darts on this one to make it wearable, and there's still just a smidgen too much fabric.




I drafted the collar based on the original pattern, so in the end I had to shorten it quite a bit, and it was still too long (which made for some pretty irritating re-shaping), but I am pleased as punch with the way it came out. I attached it using some bias tape from my stash and it just came out so pretty! I just hemmed the armholes, did a narrow hem at the bottom and presto! I'd thought about adding a tiny bow, or buttons to the front, but I think this way it's just perfect.






The fabric is some crazy cheap cotton I found at Walmart of all places. I have got to admit, I actually like their fabric selection for the most part. They have some really nice floral and cute novelty print cottons for a quarter of the price I'd pay at Joann. That is always a good thing in my book!



Oh, can we talk about these shoes please? A birthday present from last year that have the longest story attached to them. I had to hunt these bad boys down after I saw them on Pinterest, and then when I finally found them, they got lost in the mail. Eventually I managed to secure a pair, but it took about three months in total (which was actually 7 months after my birthday!)! Grr! But now I have them, and I love them. I've actually only worn them a few times, but they are crazy comfy and cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment