June 12, 2015

Outfit: Floral Blues




I don't know how many people outside of California have had to listen to people going nuts over #thedrought, but I think I can safely speak for all Californians when I say we're done with it. Sure it's bad, but we've had a fairly good rain season and are in the beginning of an El Nino, so a wet, and slightly cooler Summer, Autumn, and Winter on are their way. This past week the June Gloom has kept mornings cool and even the hot days haven't been so miserable. Last year was apparently miserable (and I coincidentally missed it!), so I for one am thankful that I still need a sweater in the evenings.








Even so, I am such a wimp about the heat that I'm desperately working to accumulate a nice array of light weight clothes to wear this summer. I found this rayon dress at a thrift store a while ago and finally got around to shortening it last week. I separated the bodice from the skirt and took off some length from the waist (so I didn't have to re-hem it), and re-attached them. I had to add a few pleats to get the skirt to fit the bodice, but that was easy peasy. It's a perfect dress for gardening as well as wearing out and about, so I am pretty pleased!


Dress- Thrifted, altered by me

Cardigan- Thrifted

Shoes- Minnetonka Moccasins, Ebay

Earrings-World Market (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment