June 10, 2015

Sequoia 6/10






At the top of Moro Rock 10,000 ft above sea level.



So because of #thedrought a lot of wildlife has had to come into more populated areas at lower elevations. Which is cool, but also terrifying when there is a bear in your picnic area:


I GOT SO CLOSE TO THIS LITTLE YEARLING AND WE NAMED HIM FRED AND HE WAS MY FRIEND AND I WAS SO HAPPY!

This is one of my favourite photos of Grace!

Thanks to a backpack, a water bottle, and my sunglasses we got a family photo with the General Grant Tree. Someday I'll remember a tripod.


Granite Falls.

Hot pot?

One kind of cool benefit of #thedrought is that you get to see things that would otherwise be underwater.

The Lady of Shalot. 





Henny was not happy after we made her get in the water at the lake. She actually pouted like a princess for a solid hour.

Last week we spent three days exploring Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. We went when I was a kid, but it had been 17 years and most of my siblings didn't remember it (and two weren't even born!). It was an absolutely wonderful trip! Perfectly relaxing, but still filled with lots of fun things to see. We're hoping to take two more camping trips this year and honestly I can't wait. If there is one place I feel most at home, it's in among the trees.


Gen. Sherman Tree, largest living thing on earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment