First off let me say I think I might have finally grown up. I know. 'Bout dern time. Yesterday I was sick (this is the cold from hell by the by), and a jumble of nerves and thoughts and I almost divulged some very personal information that, had the other person who is involved read it, it would not have been a pretty sight, and would have made things worse. But then I stood back, and was like a. no one else cares, and b. I'm trying to fix the situation, not make it worse. So instead I bought some sunglasses online. Moral of the story: if you're unsure about posting something, buy sunglasses because they make things clearer.
But speaking of clearer, let me lay some stuff out there for people who don't read this, but keep saying things to me, because they seem to be confused on some points about my life:
1. No I will not do your musical. I am not doing musicals at this point in my life. Call me in ten years, we'll talk then.
2. No I will not move to New York. I have been to New York City twice. I do not like New York City. It's not that I don't like it, it is just not my kinda place. I'm a small town city girl. This is why I love Portland. Plus it rains. I have no intention of moving to New York despite what anyone says. We tried that once, and it didn't work out so well, so please and thank you, be quiet.
3. Yes I have left the hell-mouth known as RCC. No I will not be going back to get a degree. Yes RCC is a hell-mouth. (If you don't know what a hell mouth is, let me introduce you to my friend Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She is the shizz. No arguments. Also let me introduce you to RCC. See it is a hell-mouth.)
4. No I'm not pregnant.
5. No I am not a wiccan.
6. No I am not going to be an Opera star. I love Opera, I love classical music, but I NEVER wanted to follow that as a career. I may at some point in my life want to sing Tosca but today is not that point. Nor will be tomorrow as far as I can see.
7. I'm so sorry. I hope you understand that.
8. No I do not like my name, nor do I think that it fits me. No I do not look like a "Lou".
9. I am not going to get married anytime soon barring a miracle in which Larry Mullen Jr. randomly shows up at my door. Dear Larry Mullen Jr, Please marry me, because a. you are so sexy fine for a 40-something, b. you have some mad drumming skills, c. loved the shirt last night on Letterman, d. you are the only still single member of U2, thus my only ticket to stalking Bono. Plus I love Ireland. Call me.
Are we all clearer now? What a week.
I should mention that none of this was said in malice, but all in jest (well mostly). People keep asking me a bizarre array of questions, and everyone seems to have an opinion on where I should be going, and what I should be doing. Let me tell you all, I listened to people's opinions for about 8-9 years. It didn't work out so well. Since I've started doing what I want to do, I've been more happy, and fulfilled than ever. Feel free to leave comments and suggestions, but know that I'm not going to listen to them all. Feel free to rain on my parade. I like rain, and always have an umbrella. But please don't assume that I am going to listen to your advice and wisdom. I have a very wonderful group of people surrounding me whom I do go to for advice and wisdom. I do listen to these people very carefully and mindfully, but ultimately I have to make my own decisions. I'm going to eff up occasionally. It's called being young. I'm glad you all want to offer me advice, but I'm good. If I need it I'll ask you. If you think I'm an idiot, then feel free to continue thinking so. I might be, but I also might be onto something. So thanks for the concern, but I'm good. I like to call myself a human compass (I never get lost. And I'm not joking about that. Also I always know where North and South are. It's uncanny.), and I've got my sights set on a very good direction. I'm doing it prayerfully, and wisely. So please don't worry about me. I'm going to be just fine.