April 16, 2009

Meatloaf retold

The above was a word verification I got today while on craigslist. I think it is going to be the name of my band. Or and album title, or a song...
WARNING: THE BELOW POST IS A RANDOM TRIP THROUGH MY MIND AND CONTAINS NO SUBSTANCE.

Is it just me or does Pete Doherty look like a vampire? Seriously. He's even got, like, bite marks on his neck...
My mom hung up on me when she called me at work. She called to ask me about my vast knowledge of fashion in regards to the Spring 09 Marc Jacobs line, we had a discussion about it, which involved such topics as the economy, the depression in the 1930's, '30's silhouettes and prints, the colour black, project runway, and how we need to learn Swedish. We then proceeded to sit on the phone and look at blogs/read articles on the above subjects, until she hung up on me, which was ten minutes later.
I just discovered Google translator. Oh Em Gee! This is the second greatest discovery of my life only after google street view (for the stalker in you(<--- should soooo be their new ad slogan)). Now I can actually read all my Swedish blogs!

I've been feeling really annoyed all day. Just annoyed with alot of things: people who won't grow up, people who won't grow up but think that they are oh so grown up, people who think their problems are the biggest problems in the world, people who complain about all these things, but then won't get off their own arse to fix their problems, people who expect others to fix their problems, the fact that it's April and it's going to be 90 on Sunday, etc. That was the condensed version. I just wish people would grow up and learn to deal with the cards live has handed you. Back when I was stupid and young and self-obsessed (no it was not yesterday Bri), my voice teacher told me something that quite literally changed my life. He said that I had two options in life: I could choose to wallow in all my misfortunes, or I could learn to accept them. He also said that what you have to do is take stock of all the things you don't like about your life, and accept the ones you can't change and change the ones you can. This is probably some of the best advice I've ever gotten, and I just wish everyone would learn this. Another thing he said to me was that I couldn't wait for life to just drop everything I wanted in my lap, cuz no matter how much I wanted it, it just ain't gonna happen. I don't really know why I'm writing all this, but maybe I can pass it along to someone who actually needs to hear it. All I know is that I've had to accept the fact that life is annoying and I've taken stock of that and it can't be changed to so I'll just have to live with it. But I do wish that people would just grow up.


In other news I finished Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I highly recommend it, especially if you like Jane Austen and or Zombies. I'm debating doing a book review about it, but I'd probably get as far as, "This book was really cool and I liked it" and then I'd assume that everyone valued my opinion enough to go out and read the book. I may do it though. I started (or re-started I should say) another book. I've really been meaning to read more because every time I read a new book I remember how much I love reading. Except for my current book which I started six months ago, am half way through, and JUST got to the plot of the book. I like this author, but I sure hope all that useless prattle turns out to be build up, but my hopes are not that high. Consequentially, it's a sequel to a book that has another sequel. I have both sequels, but haven't read the other, so I have no idea what's up with that. I'm hoping to get through both those quickly so I can move on through the twenty books on my dresser, which include Jane Eyre and Withering Heights. I've gotten to about the second chapter of each of those before I said screw this. I'm determined to finish them this time.

Also a big thanks to the anonymous commenter of my last post. While I appreciate why you didn't state your name, I would have liked to know who you are, so that I can a. properly thank you and b. because I'm a nosey little cuss. But thanks all the same.

*You have to say it like those bimbos who go out clubbing, where they're trying to be all white black girl as they faux lesbian dance in microfiber**

**I hate Microfiber

1 comment:

  1. I didn't think I hung up on you! I said that I needed to go so bye, and I thought I heard your phone click. So I hung up. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete