June 5, 2009

Laugh all you want.

Stats:
Blouse: Thrifted
Collar: Thrifted
Belt: Torrid (from when I was fifteen)
Skirt: Thrited
Shoes: Target
Shades: Walgreens (!)

I love the details of this collar. So pretty.

This was yesterday's outfit.
Shawn told me I looked like a School Teacher.
The Hamster (who's real name is Kim) said I looked like a School Girl.
Andrea, a really nice paralegal who I like alot called me a Librarian.
It's supposed to rain again today, which inspired me to write a list.
Things I love on a rainy day (Reader's Digest version):
  • Hats. Any hat will do, but I am partial to berets. I think this has something to do with the fact that my last name is Barrett, Which by the by means head, or chief, so yes there is a connection between Beret, Barrette, and Barrett. It's pronounced Bare- Ett by the by.
  • Coffee. I love coffee normally, but it just tastes better on rainy days
  • My Skin. Normally I hate it, but rain clears it up. Last night I looked horrid and yesterday was hot and icky. Today It's overcast, cool, and gloomy and my skin is smooth and clear and perfect. I blame my Norwegian/English/German/Czech/Eskimoe heritage.
  • Tea. I am not much of a tea drinker, though I have tried. I find it's flavour to be slightly bitter and I don't like how sugar tastes in tea. However I really do enjoy a cup of tea when it rains.
  • Books. There is nothing better than reading while it rains.
  • Fireplaces. When we lived downtown and had a real fireplace, the rain would drip into the fire and make it sizzle sometimes. That was my favourite.
  • Daydreaming. It's just better in the rain.
  • Walks. I know, I'm crazy, but no one else is ever out and there's a really nice stillness that falls over everything.
  • Coats. I love coats. It's nice to be able to use mine.
I've got nothing else to say. Lots on my mind, lots to do, so glad it's Friday.
One year 20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment