February 23, 2011

Alessi's Ark


I do not claim to be one of those people who always know about the newest bands. I'm really more of a music snob, than a music whore(da-er (inside joke)). I like what I like, I don't care if it makes me cool or not, and I don't like what I don't like and I do not care. Yes I have my guilty pleasures, and a sophisticated musical pallet, and there are certain "musicians" who I would like to see erased from the memory of society (I'm looking at you and your whistle tones Mariah Carey). See much more of a snob. :-) But occasionally I come across someone before anyone else I know and I get very excited and a bit exuberant in becoming a fan. 

One such group I discovered over the last few days is Alessi's Ark. This is a project headed by the absolutely adorable Alessi Laurent-Marke. The group hails from the UK and I completely love their mellow folksy tunes. Alessi's sweet and pure voice adds a touch of innocence to the cleverly written songs, which is something I tend to find lacking in most modern music. The tunes are upbeat with a hint of melancholy, which makes the group's music quite enjoyable. Too often modern music is either just noise, or aesthetically challenging, but Alessi's Ark combinds both. The music is simple, but not overtly so, and at times is actually interestingly woven together. And the lyrics are clever, honest, and really nice to listen to. I'm not a music critic, nor do I pretend to be one, but I do know what I like, and I like Alessi's Ark. Beyond having a voice I am quite envious of, Miss Alessi also has some killer style. And on top of that she's stinking adorable! 


















To learn more about Alessi's Ark you can read here.
Official website.
Listen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment