March 1, 2011

Play it Again

Happy March!

Last year I wore an almost identical version of this. I put the belt over the sweater then, wore different shoes, and left off the tights. I even wore the same earrings.  I'm not one of those people who refuses to wear the same thing twice. I think if you find something that works, go with it. Remixing is great and wonderful, but sometimes it's okay to play it safe.

007

010

022

Dress- Vintage 70's, thrifted
Cardigan- Vintage 60's, thrifted
Tights- We love colors
Belt- Target
Shoes- Swedish Hasbeens (have you seen the spring collection? I died.
Ring- thrifted
Earrings- my favourite in the world which I like to call my Hera earrings. Yes they are named after a Greek goddess

I've been terribly bored with my clothes of late, and my room is a disaster area (no, really), so I can't do any sewing, and truth be told I don't need any more clothing, and blah, blah, blah.... I just haven't even wanted to get dressed in the mornings because it means having to make a decision. Which is pathetic. I think part of it is that I've not been sleeping well, and some other things going on that just have me unexcited about clothing. So Sunday night I went to bed early, and I got up on time yesterday morning (shocking!), determined that I was going to put together something cute and fairly well thought out. So I went with a default outfit. I knew it would look good, it's predictably "me," and gosh darn it, I like it! It's cute, comfy, and easy. And I think I have cured myself of my aversion to this dress. I wore it in the musical I was in last summer and ever since I've not been able to put it on. It brings back memories of Hairspray musical numbers, and and excess of BO!  But I think we just made up ;-)

011

012

In other news I bought some vintage cowboy boots. I know! I couldn't be more excited about them! I will show you all this week! And I have a quick question for you all! I have been asked by numerous people, on many occasions to do a series on how to thrift or basically how I go about finding clothes at thrift stores. I keep starting to write them, and then get distracted by something else (ooooo! shiny shoes!). So I am thinking of doing a video series. Would anyone be interested in watching me babble on about how I thrift? I promise there will be several short videos and not one really, really, really long video, but is this something anyone would be interested in? I'd appreciate the feedback!

017

3 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely dress. You have such amazing luck with all of your vintage finds. I am eternally jealous!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! Its totally something Id wear!

    http://www.RebequitasFashionBlog.BlogSpot.com

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke- Thanks doll! I'm going to do a series starting next month about how to hunt out vintage at thrift stores. If I have luck, it's only ever dumb luck! Usually it's just being obnoxiously stubborn!

    Rebequita- Why thank you!

    ReplyDelete