February 8, 2011

Meh

Tennis?

Tennis?
Cardigan- Anne Taylor Loft
Blouse- H&M
Skirt- Made by me (look familiar?)
Belt- Old Torrid one
Shoes- Myfavoriteshoestore.com 
Locket- stolen from my grandma- shhh!
Flower hair pin- H&M

Today was kind of a "meh" day. I'm tired and a tad grouchy right now. My dad's cat died and everyone is pretty bummed about it. It was a sweet cat. It was really old, and really fat and we knew it was sick and my mom went and got all the things to make it better today and it died. That plus the heat and a general frustration has everyone a bit down. And I don't even like cats and am allergic to them. She was a really sweet cat. Sigh. Tomorrow is a new day, with no mistake in it. As a result of all this I've decided to push up the giveaway. You have until Friday to enter and I will draw the name Saturday. I apologize for the delay. Things are just a bit off.

Tennis?

Tennis?


Also, the dark photos, and new location comes to you courtesy of the fact that the office pig was talking on his cellphone, and smoking while standing in my photo spot. I had to use the side of our building with no light where I am totally open to the public. Grr.  My sweater is actually plumb, not black. And when I was putting something in my car earlier the bow of my blouse got caught on the door lock and tore a big hole down the front. Double grrr. RIP shirt.

Tennis?

Tennis?

I bought these shoes a while ago and have been on the fence about them ever since. They're alot cheaper looking than they were online, and they look really weird on my feet. I also bought a brown pair that are for sure going back, but I think I'll keep these. They are pretty comfy and I always have a hard time finding white shoes.

Tennis?

Not all is doom and gloom here, I promise. I found what might be my best thrift find EVER tonight, and also did some other shopping. AND! I managed not to spill coffee on my all white ensemble! Not sure what I was thinking when I put this on. I'm the biggest klutz ever and all white is usually asking for a disaster! Now I am tired and in need of a cup of coffee. Goodnight all! And remember to enter the Giveaway!!

5 comments:

  1. You always look positively vintage. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your dad's cat. You do look great, though! Do you have tips for wearing all white? I'm always nervous about how I'll look in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gazel- Thanks dear! You're so sweet!

    Kendra- Thank you very much on both accounts! Tips? Uh, don't eat spaghetti... Actually I'm always super terrified (to the point of leaning away from my skirt to drink coffee!) of wearing white, especially since white tends to have that lovely make-you-look-like-a-whale effect, but in my experience it works best if you stop thinking about it. Just wear it, brave it, and avoid mud if at all possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's to begin brave--I just bought a pale grey dress--not quite white, but close--and I'm playing with accessories for it. As always, thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kendra- Have fun with it! and you are so very welcome!

    ReplyDelete