October 21, 2011

Teddy Girl

Teddy Girl

Teddy Girl
Blazer- Thrifted
Blouse- Vintage, thrifted
Skirt- made by me
Brooches- Gnome: gift from my mom, Deer: vintage, Bear: Ailwee Caves, Ireland
Neck Ribbon-?
Earrings- Vintage
Watch- Target
Shoes- Off Saks (and desperately need to be re-soled~)

Teddy Girl

Teddy Girl

I have been waiting for a day cool enough to wear this since I picked up this blouse and blazer (which is really pathetic when you consider that it has hardly been 70 this week. I just am always hot. Except when I leave my dorm room at 9:30 and it's 39 out...). I found both of these while visiting the coast this past weekend. I have never been much of a blazer person but after seeing this beautiful ensemble I decided that I needed one. I'm still not sure they suit me (see what I did there..), but this one is wool and a lovely colour and warm enough to get me through the winter. The blouse was a lucky find! I rarely if ever find vintage blouses that accommodate my ample bust, and I assumed this one would end up being too tight, but much to my surprise it fit! It's not that old, mid-late 60's I'd say, but I adore the cut and print and Peter Pan collar. It is pretty much the perfect blouse. As soon as these two items entered my pocession I have been dreaming up all sorts of outfits featuring them. I am quite fond of it! I think this outfit kind of sums up how I've been feeling sartorially lately. I like mixes of textures, colours and prints, but still simple and a bit more delicate. Pretty dresses, cardigans, and flats for walking hither and thither. Uncomplicated in a sense, yet diverse. Does that make any sense? Probably not, but regardless I really loved this outfit. It is just kind of perfect.

Teddy Girl

Teddy Girl

Teddy Girl

Teddy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment