February 20, 2012

Sheer Luck



Maybe I have been watching too much Charmed, but lately I have been liking sheer overlays. Especially over pretty underpinnings (though admittedly much less trashily than on that show). I've had this green sheer fabric in my stash for almost three years (I used it in a dress I made to wear to a friend's wedding) and finally decided to use some of it for this top. I used the Sorbetto pattern with a few alterations. I lengthened and rounded the back and omitted the front pleat. I also added a few tucks to the back (which admittedly you can't really see here.). It was a pretty easy and quick and I think the next time I do this I'll lengthen the front too and maybe add some sleeves. Do it up in a knit maybe?



I wore it over a pretty vintage cotton slip. Come Spring and Summer it will get much more use than is will right now, but I needed something to get my creative juices flowing.  And forgive these pretty crummy photos! Turns out being without my camera for so long really set me back. I've had to shoot on auto since August or so and it didn't work all together since November, so I am a tad rusty. But once I figure out the light settings you can expect to see much more of this silly brick wall. Thank God for stairwells no one ever uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment