May 11, 2012

An Oregon Summer

There is a possibility of some really exciting things happening this summer. No word now, but hopefully soon I will be sharing some of this exciting news with you! But regardless I am super excited for all the possibilities this summer holds. I had toyed with the idea of returning to California and transferring to a different school, but despite how difficult the last few months have been, they have also been the most rewarding months of my life. I have learned so much, and have completely fallen in love with this town, and the people around me. While I love and miss my dear family and friends so much, I honestly have no desire to leave anytime soon. I definitely will be taking a trip south this summer, but I am beyond excited to spend the majority of my summer exploring the awesome delights Oregon has to offer. This week has been sunny and warm with a beautiful breeze, and I am so looking forward to more days like these. 

Corvallis Summer1
The Riverwalk in Corvallis is one of my favourite places to go. The Willamette flowing peacefully, all the flowers in bloom, people enjoying a picnic on the lawn, kids running in the fountain, it is such a beautiful place! I plan on spending quite a bit of time down there reading and basking in the sunshine.


Oregon Summer2

It's so funny to me that some people in Oregon feel about Portland the way I feel about Los Angeles. I suppose no matter where you go some will look at big cities with a nose turned up, but Portland is one of those cities I have a hard time thinking ill of. There are endless things to do, it's incredibly beautiful, and the shopping is fantastic! A few day trips to Portland are definitely in order this summer.


Oregon Summer3

I've been meaning to hike up to Mary's Peak here in Corvallis for weeks, so this is a huge priority. Many of my friends have posted pictures of Mary's Peak and the view is just breathtaking! A picnic and photoshoot are definitely in order.


Oregon Summer4

Even if I wanted to, I don't think I could escape a few trips to my grandparent's house on the coast. I'm hoping to relive a little of my childhood and visit all the lighthouses in the area (y'know how I feel about lighthouses!), as well as explore all the charming and kitchy coastal shopping centres. There's one in Newport that I am especially keen on checking out where you can buy a t-shirt that says "I got crabs in Newport Oregon." Classy.


Oregon Summer5
When I was 13 my family took a trip to Crater Lake. Admittedly Crater Lake actually freaks me out. I am horribly claustrophobic and being deep under water terrifies the daylights out of me. Knowing there is like, nearly 2000 feet of water below you... Gives me the heebee-jeebies!!! But at the same time, Crater Lake is such a beautiful and awe inspiring place. I'd love to get the chance to explore Crater Lake as a grownup, though I can guarantee you I will not be doing any swimming in the lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment