May 22, 2012

School Spirit

I am not a huge fan of the colour orange. I mean, I have nothing against it, it's just not a colour I really prefer. Unfortunately I go to a college who's colours are orange and black, and the entire city is obsessed with school spirit. I'm not actually joking about that. I mean, you cannot walk down a single street in Corvallis without seeing some sort of OSU paraphernalia. It wouldn't be that bad if it was a nice shade of orange, but no, OSU chose the most garish neon orange they could find. Observe:



See? It's awful. When I first came here I didn't really think that, being a music major, I would ever be faced with the need for school spirit-ridden clothing. Most schools art departments could care less about school spirit. But apparently OSU's music dept didn't catch the memo, infact it could be said that the music dept actually adds to the madness. I can't even count the number of times I have been asked to go to events bedecked in orange and black. Currently I own two orange t-shirts, neither of them are to my taste. The funny thing is that this whole school spirit thing is actually kind of infectious. However, being that our colours are orange and black it's kind of hard to put together anything that doesn't make it seem like you're a little anxious for Hallowe'en. But here are some ideas I have for ways to work a little spirit into my wardrobe.



School Spirit

I really like the idea of an orange pair of shorts paired with a chic black top and some fun flats, this would be perfect for a sports event or an outdoor concert.

School Spirit



I am always a fan of Keds and this eyelet top is super cute. Perfect for low key festivals.


School Spirit


Sometimes we have to wear our colours for rehearsals where photos are being taken. This would be such an easy and comfy outfit to wear for rehearsing, while showing some Beaver love. <--- Weirdest sentence I have ever written.



School Spirit


I love that this dress could be easily dressed up or down. And this is definitely a dress I would wear often and on it's own.


School Spirit
This would be excellent for fancier affairs. And how cute is that little Oregon charm? I found a California one too. I think it would be super cute to have one of each on the same chain.

Do you guys have a dress code you're not a fan of but have to adhere to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment