June 14, 2012

On the Road


Hat- Target
Cardigan- Hand-me-down from my grandma
Dress- Thrifted
Flip-flops- Winco (shut up, they were cheap)

I think I read somewhere that the average Californian spends something like 3 years of their life waiting for the light to change, and five years stuck in traffic. I fully believe this. I have spent a fair amount of my life in a car driving hither-and-thither. Most people don't actually realize how spread out everything in California is. It's one of the things that I've had to get used to up here: thing are relatively close together. Which is great, but something that I wasn't used to. So I guess when you take all that into account it makes sense that I like being in a car, I like driving, I like traffic (except for when it makes me late to important things!), I like the smell of the road and the sounds of driving. I was that kid who never wanted to go home because I find driving to be relaxing. I spent much of my youth making the trek from California to Oregon and back, so I am an old hat at this, but it's still exciting! Road Trips are something I absolutely adore! Of course we won't be going quite as far as I did as a kid, but still, the anticipation has been killing me! Of course that anticipation has to do with something else that you will find out about next week. It's seriously too good! I'm actually shocked that everything has gone so smoothly (knock on wood)! Eeeeeep!!! I cannot wait!



Through the many years of road tripping, I have become quite well versed in the nessisary items to bring along, so here is my list of Things One Must Bring On A Road Trip:



1. A Good Book. I've been meaning to start this series for ages, now's my chance!! Bring on the 1930's mystery!


2. Comfy Clothes. Lightweight layers to keep cool, and protected from the sun. Shoes that are easily removed are a must!



3. Liquids! Keep Hydrated! Abbey and I have a huge thing of water bottles in the car too. Hopefully we don't have to stop too often!



4. A Camera (or two!) Of Course! You never know what exciting things await you on the road!



5. An Old Sketch Book. For doodles or brilliant song lyrics, or to start dreaming of your autumn wardrobe... Maybe...



6. Yummy Snacks! You'll read more about these next week, but Buñuelos are one of the most delicious things on the planet. We also brought veggies and berries too to balance out the sugar!



7.Too Many Clothes. But really now, I do not know what I am going to want to wear over the next few days? I need a lot to choose from. Also, y'know that whole sitting on your suitcase to make everything fit, totally did that.

So there ya have it. I am so excited for everything this week has to offer! Which you can clearly see in this outtake from today:

Bon Adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment