September 6, 2012

I Found Thor Fabric

Link
Thor is the coolest. Your argument is invalid. He's Scandinavian, super strong, a god, and, well, have you seen the hair? It's like flowing silk made from sunshine and puppy kisses. Don't even get me started on his arms. Or do, it's up to you. 

Thor is the coolest. And I am going to make him into a dress. It will be totally inappropriate for 90% of my life activities. I do not care. I am currently searching for the perfect pattern to use for this. Maybe another Sorbetto dress? I don't know, but pay day needs to get here quick.

P.S.
I have said for years that someday I want to be involved in some project that will get my likeness made into a Lego, because that would seriously be super crazy cool. I have revised this statement: I want to be involved in something that gets my likeness made into a Lego AND Fabric. 

9 comments:

  1. Really? A dress? I can see a pillowcase or a bag or lunch tote...but a dress? I need to see this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered a skirt, but I feel a print like this is too epic for a lowly skirt. You doubt now, but soon you shall witness the epic power of the Thor Dress. Lol!!

      Delete
    2. P.S. I'm thinking something similar to this so it's not too out there! http://cassiestephens.blogspot.com/2012/09/diy-horror-flick-dress.html

      Delete
  2. !!!!!!! i found that fabric too! i also love thor. i'd rather have a batman dress, but that thor fabric is great. can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same website has a bunch of Batman fabrics too!! :http://www.fabric.com/SearchResults2.aspx?Source=Header&SearchText=Batman&CategoryID=1d5f47dc-9991-4088-93f3-26a376046a5e

      Delete
  3. Is the quality of the fabric such that it won't disintegrate when you wear the dress? I always worry about that with the novelty prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have this fabric in hand yet but it is a quilting cotton so it should be pretty durable. I use quilting cottons in many of my dresses and for the most part they hold up great! occasionally I get a little fading but not very often. Also a dress in this print is something I'm not going to be wearing too often, so I'm not too worried. Also I try to get a few wears out of each dress before I wash them and this helps to keep their colour. Hope that helps!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Ashley
    Loving your style and attitude, your dress will look fab go for it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I should probably bring this dress out of the unfinished pile and give it another go!

      Delete