February 28, 2013

Wonderland

Every single picture came out awkward. Forgive me.
Hat- Me Made
Scarf- Boutique in Downtown Riverside
Coat- Vintage, Thrifted
Gloves- Vintage, Thrifted (they're wool and nylon and perfect!)
Sweater- Vintage, Thrifted
Skirt- Me Made
Fleece Lined Leggings- Uh, Walgreens. Srsly.
Boots- Target, gift from my parents. 
Sunnies- Target


This skirt. Oh this skirt. I feel like we've been through so much together. A little over a year old and we've explored fields, bought Christmas trees, gone to the snow twice, and frolicked in cooler weather many a time. Since my weight has been fluctuating like crazy for the last few months, it's been a constant if my wardrobe that is truly a staple. But man, I am not feeling her anymore. Let me explain.



I bought this fabric thinking it was wool. Upon further inspection I discovered that while there is some wool content, it's just weird, and there are weird plastic fibres woven in that you can just pull out... it's weird. No worries, I always wear it with a slip or petticoat and it is warm. But the shape... Oh that shape. Circle skirts are not my friend. There's just too much fabric for my somewhat stocky frame. When I initially made this skirt I ended up cutting a good 5-6 inches off the hem. It's still just too much. And let's not talk about the mess that is that hem. Oy. Freaking. Vey. It's pretty, and at the time I made it, I really thought I'd done a great job, but now, as faithful as this skirt has been, I feel it's time for a makeover.





So we had one last outing together as shewas. We sat in the snow and did not get wet, we climbed through dead berry thickets, and remained mostly unscathed, we whirled and twirled and had an excellent time. Now she is in pieces, hanging over my desk char ready to be given new life. So RIP old friend, I am excited for your next journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment