March 5, 2013

Happy Clothes




Shirt- Thrifted
Dress- Me Made
Hat- Me Made
Shoes- Thrifted

This is my happy dress. No matter what is going on around me, this dress makes me happy. It makes me feel pretty, and light, and fun, and just plain happy. I think it's a combination of the print and the fit and the incredibly swooshy skirt. If I could have 30 of these dresses, I would. It's even cute as a skirt.


Sometimes I have evil eyebrows. Get over it. 


I think it's funny that I always say I prefer dark colours, yet the clothes that stick out in my mind as my favourite to wear are in these bright bold hues. I guess it would be better to say I like rich colours, or just colour in general. My dad and I were having a conversation last week about how I find black and white paperwork depressing and he finds it immensely comforting. I understand how black and white could be comforting to some, it's constant, reliable, sure. But I'm none of those things. I like spontaneity  adventure, change, and colour. Those are the things that make me happy. 




It seems silly to say that was a lightbulb moment for me, but it was. It's one of those small realizations that as soon as it clicked I was like "Oh! Duh!" and everything about my personality was filtered through that and things made sense. It made me excited about clothes again (which is like, seriously a relief because I'm really tired of dressing like a hobo (and not a cool one) everyday.). And isn't that what style is? Wearing the things that make us happy?



1 comment:

  1. I love your bright colors, it makes me oh so ready for spring. The knotted chambray over that adorable vintage pattern is darling. Adding the bright flats was a great addition. I can see why this is a "happy outfit!"


    Callie @ Coffee and Cardigans
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete