October 24, 2013

Roasted Bacon Brussels Sprouts

Excuse the over-exposed photos. My kitchen lighting is terrible!


If you had asked me a year and a half ago if I liked Brussels Sprouts, I'd have laughed and said a loud "NO!"  But I owe it all to my friend Abbey and her roommate. We had a movie night in June of last year and Abbey's roommate made an dish with Brussels Sprouts. I had always turned up my nose at them, but didn't want to be rude. The dish (which I will have to see if she'll let me post it here sometime), was mostly made up of Brussels Sprouts so it wasn't like I could pick them out. So I bravely smiled and ate them. And I really liked them! Which makes sense, I love broccoli and Brussels Sprouts are nothing more than a large broccoli floret. I am a convert. So few weeks ago I bought some sprouts and using Whitney's recipe as a base made these roasted Brussels. They are mighty delish! They're even good warmed up the next day (I like eating them with a chicken breast, but they definitely hold their own). The great thing about "recipe's" like this is that they are easy to alter based on the quantity. I usually buy around 1lbs. since there's only three or four people in my house who eat them, and there is always enough left over for lunch the next day. Enjoy!

Supplies:
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Bacon Grease (or diced uncoocked bacon. I've done both and they are great either way!)
Brussels Sprouts

Method:



Wash and trim the bottoms of your sprouts and cut in half. Place in a bowl and mix in salt, pepper, & garlic to taste, covering evenly. Arrange on a baking sheet.



Drizzel bacon grease over the sprouts ( or mix in diced uncooked bacon (I usually do about 4 slices for 1 lbs. of Brussels) evenly over your Sprouts.) Roast @350 until browned and crunchy. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment